Getting Started: Building for Windows Mobile
Build for Desktop
Build for Mobile
- iOS: Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- BlackBerry 10 (BB10)
- Windows Mobile
- Windows Phone 8.x and UWP
- Build for Other
Next: Using the libraries
PJ supports building SIP and media stacks and applications for Windows Mobile targets. A sample application of SIP user agent, named pjsua, is provided as proof of concept that the port works.
Note: For best result use a real device. The emulators included sometimes have problems in networking or audio.
- It is important that you create a config_site.h as described in Build Preparation
- Get the source code, if you haven't already.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 with appropriate SDKs for Windows Mobile.
Note that VS2005 Express Edition is not supported because the Windows Mobile SDKs is not supported on the Express Editions.
Building the Projects
The Windows Mobile port is included in the main source distribution. Please follow the following steps to build the WinCE libraries and sample application:
- Open pjproject-vs8.sln solution file.
- Set pjsua project as the startup Project.
- Select the appropriate SDK (for example Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK or Windows Mobile 6 Standard SDK)
- Select the appropriate configuration (Debug, Release, or other available configuration)
- Select the appropriate device (Emulator or the actual Device).
- Build the project. This will build the sample WinCE application and all libraries (SIP, Media, etc.) needed by this application.
- Deploy and run/debug the project to deploy and run the sample application on the target device, the application can be controlled via telnet Command Line Interface.
- If the config_site.h includes config_site_sample.h file, then there are certain configuration in config_site_sample.h that get activated for Windows CE targets. Please make sure that these configurations are suitable for the application.
- The libraries, binaries and object files produced by the build process are located under build/output directory of each projects.
- On PJSIP 2.1 or below (including 1.x), the provided sample applications are:
- For Windows Mobile Standard (Smartphone): pjsua_wince project.
- For Windows Mobile Professional (Pocket PC): pjsua_wince and PocketPJ projects.