Ticket #1488 (closed defect: worksforme)
Problem with sending and receiving large (INVITE) requests over TCP on Android 4.0.2/4.0.3 possibly due to fragmentation
|Reported by:||bennylp||Owned by:||bennylp|
|Backport to 1.x milestone:||Backported:||no|
Description (last modified by bennylp) (diff)
When the server sends a large (INVITE) request towards the Android client via TCP, PJSIP does not seem to process this request. Looking at the log there seems to be no activity regarding the incoming data. The OS may not notify us at all about the incoming data. Wireshark capture shows that server sent the INVITE request as TCP fragments and instead of receiving acknowledgement, it gets error from the client instead (see the attached capture).
This has been tested with different wi-fi routers and 3G providers and the issue remains. Smaller SIP requests towards the client work as expected.
The same problem also occurs in the sending direction. PJSIP sends large (INVITE) request, the log shows it, but nothing actually gets transmitted. After this the TCP socket seems to be disfunctional until it is closed.
- Milestone changed from release-1.14 to Known-Issues-and-Ideas
- Summary changed from Problem with receiving incoming large (INVITE) request over TCP on Android ICS 4.0.3 possibly due to fragmentation to Problem with sending and receiving large (INVITE) requests over TCP on Android 4.0.2/4.0.3 possibly due to fragmentation
- Backported unset
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Known-Issues-and-Ideas to release-2.1
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to worksforme